Dear automation enthusiasts!
We talked last week about how apps bring more flexibility and depth to your smart home experience by adding further features and allowing more adapted automation rules.
In order to fully enjoy the potential of your Prota smart hub and have the perfectly automated home, it’s essential that you master your Stories app. Today’s blog post will showcase one very important feature that will make your storylines even more accurate: the timer feature.
For a quick reminder, we define a storyline as equal to a sensor-story + an actor-story.
The timer feature is a very helpful sensor that allows you to automate the repetition of a specific action, with a specific time lapse between each action. For instance, many of you asked us how to set up a loop of pushes with their MicroBot. With the timer feature, you can do that.
How to set a timer?
1. Click on + and then on “when”
2. Click on “Set Sensor” and select “timer” as sensor
3. Select as event “go off every ? seconds” then click on “Conditions (Required)”
4. Set the second’s condition operator to “=” and write down the number of seconds below (it has to be at least 10 seconds).
This corresponds to the number of seconds between each action.
5. Now click on the “Set condition”, select “Runs” and click on “+”.
Select the “=” operator and write down below the number of times this automation will be repeated. For instance, we will set it here as 5 times, which means the MicroBot will be pushed 5 times with 60 seconds between each push.
7. Here we will set a MicroBot’s press as the action. Click on the “save” icon and wait for your storyline to be confirmed as saved.
Done! Now your MicroBot will press your button every 60 seconds for a total of 5 times.
You can set up any time lapse above 10 seconds and without maximum limits (so potentially more than a day if you need it), and for as many times as you want.
This feature can be very useful for some factory machinery or medical equipment that require a button to be pressed regularly, at a very specific timing and for a specific number of times. We hope you’ll find a good use to it!
Remote button pusher
Don’t forget to check last week’s article on our 16 new app guides, that will help you make the best of your automation smart hub!